MASTER’S DEGREE IN
Submit the form below to receive details on concentrations, the application process, tuition, and financial aid.
Advance in the field of Investigations.
The Master of Science in Investigations programs unite the University of New Haven’s renowned academic expertise in criminal justice and forensic science to prepare you for a career as an investigator in both public and private organizations. You’ll advance in your field and learn the principles and techniques used by the best.
Investigations is a broad topic area. To get the most from your master’s degree you can choose from three exciting degree programs to find the one that best suits your needs
Choose which Investigations program is the right fit for you
The University of New Haven offers various pathways that represent major categories of employment for investigators and are designed to prepare you to enter or advance in several exciting career paths.
’19 M.S. Graduate
“I came to the University of New Haven to strengthen my knowledge and skills in financial crime investigations, criminal justice, national security, and digital forensics investigations. I believe, as an auditor, I should be better equipped with extensive knowledge of various types of financial crimes. Learning and challenging your perspective is a constant process. What started as a desire to learn, became a passion, and a call to service my current and future employers.”
’17, ’18 M.S. Graduate
“The University gave me the tools to be proactive with not only my degree but with my future career goals. I was able to land my dream job working full-time for the Department of Justice right after I graduated, and I plan to be there for the rest of my career.”
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES WITH A MASTER’S IN INVESTIGATIONS
Our graduates are prepared to work in
prestigious government agencies, such as:
- Secret Service
- Federal Bureau of Investigations
- Department of Justice
- Department of Homeland Security
- City and State Police Departments
- Postal Inspection Service
Our graduates are also prepared for
numerous private careers, such as:
- Financial Crime Investigators
- Forensic Computer Examiners
- Financial Crime Specialists
- Professional Investigators
- Private Investigators
- Technology Crime Investigators
BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAM
- Engaging, professionally-oriented courses enriched with field applications and case studies.
- Renowned faculty with expertise in each concentration
- In-depth case studies prepare you to solve complex challenges.
- Year-round courses are offered online and can be completed anywhere for your convenience.
- You can progress at your pace with courses offered over the full semester and summer terms, and some accelerated short courses. You can complete all 30 credits in as little as a year.
- No GRE is required for admission.
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics
reports that detectives and criminal investigators earned an average annual salary of $86,280 as of 2022.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS DEGREE
A superb academic foundation with a strong research component and practical investigation skills.
Housed in the Lee College of Criminal Justice and Forensic Sciences, this program combines esteemed faculty from our Forensic Science, Criminal Justice, and Legal Studies departments.
30 graduate credits are required to complete the degree, which integrates three disciplines into a comprehensive education in the highly specialized area of Investigations.
As a graduate of this online program, you will learn:
- Standard investigations policies and procedures
- To use tools and tests employed by forensic scientists
- Legal issues related to investigations
- Managing investigations and investigative functions
- Specialized types of investigations
- Emerging research on the most effective investigative techniques
Nationally Recognized Excellence